Residential Service Panel Upgrades & Installations
Your electrical service is charged with bringing power to your home. Island Electric Co. is here to help install new residential service, or increase the load capacity of your existing system.
New Service Installations
Island Electric Company specializes in installing new residential service, with load capacities starting at 100A and going up to a whopping 600A.
When installing new residential power service, it’s important to plan ahead. We work closely with our customers to ensure we have accounted for all current and future power requirements. This approach helps save our customers money in the long run.
Some of our new residential installations include:
- New residential construction
- Powering outbuildings, such as workshops and garages
- Detached buildings
- RV parking spaces
- Bare lots and temporary power
- Carriage houses and secondary suites
- Backup power emergency generator systems
We work closely with BC Hydro to ensure the transition of power goes smoothly and is done to modern standards on each project. Our knowledgeable team of electricians is ready to help you with your residential power projects and give you peace of mind knowing you are being looked after.
Upgrading Existing Residential Service
On top of new service installations, Island Electric Co. offers alterations and additions to existing circuits.
As technology and equipment advances in the residential sector, your home power needs may need to increase in order to safely handle additional loads. Island Electric Co. can provide you with a load calculation for your home in order to determine if you require a service upgrade.
Reasons for upgrading your existing service may include:
- Upgrading your heating or cooling systems, such as adding a heat pumps or powerful air conditioning system
- Adding power-hungry leisure items, such as hot tubs, saunas, or swimming pools
- Installing an on-site electric car charger
- Upgrading your plumbing systems to include electric instant water or an electric steam shower
Remember, not every home renovation or upgrade requires a service upgrade! We have had many clients surprised to realize that they didn’t actually need a service upgrade for the home projects they were planning.
Bring in Island Electric Co. and we will help test your systems and explain what you may – or may not – need to update to keep the power safely connected.